About Soul Assembly
Soul Assembly is a brand new games developer currently consisting of 35+ employees, working on some of the most high profile and most downloaded titles in the XR space today, from our lovely offices in the centre of Leamington Spa. Joining the team now will give you the opportunity to be a part of a growing team exploring the exciting new opportunities that XR and the metaverse offer.
We are looking for an experienced and talented UI designer to help design and shape unique interfaces within the VR gaming space. The ideal candidate will have experience in the game industry working closely with creative leads across code, art and game-design disciplines. You will be able to bring imaginative ideas to help explore and implement smooth user-experience journeys to any given project.
- Responsible for the graphical design, creation and implementation of the UI and HUD on assigned game, working with art leads and team to align this with the overall game style guide.
- Creation of elements from initial UI & UX concepts through to implementation of final layouts in game.
- Manage platform-specific UI assets and screens, including optimising layout and consistency.
- Font selection, style generation and management, for all languages.
- Working with the other team members to ensure the UI is consistent, polished and meets the design brief.
- Working across UI HUD systems including:
- Implement and manage all UI elements
- Implementing frontend and in game UI screen layouts
- Providing gameplay player feedback with HUD / UI elements
- Implementing and polishing the user interface on an iterative basis
- Creating and triggering UI effects
- Prototyping new screens liaising with code and design
- Ensuring a smooth clear and clean user experience through all parts of the game
- A passion for UIs that are beautiful, clear and intuitive to use
- Strong graphic design and presentation skills
- Proven experience and inclination to learn further technical UI implementation skills
- Experience with Photoshop / Illustrator / After Effects
- Experience designing and creating UI layout and flow concepts
- A positive outlook and keen team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for playing and making games
- Self critical and takes on feedback in a positive manner
Why Apply To Soul Assembly?Joining the team now will give you the opportunity to be a part of a growing team going from strength to strength. We’ll give you the opportunity to :
- A relaxed, friendly and progressive work environment.
- 25 days annual leave
- Help define the studio culture and values
- Contribute your input and ideas to our games and to all areas of our business
- Be involved in defining studio processes and working practices.
- In addition, we will :
- Pay a competitive salary, negotiable based on experience
- Provide regular activities such as pub, cinema nights and team-building events
- Commit to adding additional benefits as we grow
- Relocation package for non-UK residents