About Soul Assembly
Soul Assembly is a brand new games developer currently consisting of 35+ employees, working on some of the most high profile and most downloaded titles in the XR space today, from our lovely offices in the centre of Leamington Spa. Joining the team now will give you the opportunity to be a part of a growing team exploring the exciting new opportunities that XR and the metaverse offer.
- Find creative solutions to achieve high quality visuals on a range of hardware requirements.
- Improve and take ownership of art pipelines and visual quality
- Help keep Assets / Content within memory budget and performance guidelines
- Drive, refine and document tech art best practices, working with the other disciplines to ensure standards and processes are reviewed regularly to ensure efficiency and quality, across the studio
- Proactively identify new technologies and techniques that will improve the game
- Shipped at least one title as a technical artist or similar role
- Experience in Unity or Unreal
- High proficiency in 3D authoring tools, such as Maya, Substance Painter/Designer, Marmoset, ZBrush
- Experience with shader creation and exposure to HLSL or similar
- Ability to problem solve and think creatively
- A passion for games and game visuals
Nice to have Skills
- Exposure to C#, Python or Mel in scripting tools (such as game engines or authoring tools)
- Modern VR experience (e.g. Meta Quest, Steam VR headsets)
- Experience profiling and debugging performance issues on device
Why Apply To Soul Assembly?Joining the team now will give you the opportunity to be a part of a growing team going from strength to strength. We’ll give you the opportunity to :
- A relaxed, friendly and progressive work environment.
- 25 days annual leave
- Help define the studio culture and values
- Contribute your input and ideas to our games and to all areas of our business
- Be involved in defining studio processes and working practices.
- In addition, we will :
- Pay a competitive salary, negotiable based on experience
- Provide regular activities such as pub, cinema nights and team-building events
- Commit to adding additional benefits as we grow
- Relocation package for non-UK residents