About Soul Assembly
Soul Assembly is a brand new games developer currently consisting of 35+ employees, working on some of the most high profile and most downloaded titles in the XR space today, from our lovely offices in the centre of Leamington Spa. Joining the team now will give you the opportunity to be a part of a growing team exploring the exciting new opportunities that XR and the metaverse offer.
Words from the Hiring Manager
“We’re looking for a systems designer to help us in releasing a Multiplayer VR experience on the latest VR hardware. If you’re experienced with Unity and have a passion for combat, traversal, and other supporting action adventure game systems, this isn’t an opportunity you want to miss!”
We’re looking for a technical designer to help us in releasing a Multiplayer VR experience on the latest VR hardware. You’ll work closely with the Lead Designer, Level Designers, and other disciplines to design and implement fun and engaging gameplay, while also keeping an eye on future updates and new features to be added after launch. If you’re experienced with Unity and have a passion for combat, traversal, and other supporting action adventure game systems, this isn’t an opportunity you want to miss!”
- Work with project leads and stakeholders to prototype, build, and iterate on the moment to moment gameplay for a new project
- Design and implement core combat systems, including weapons and other abilities.
- Design and implement supporting systems, including health, damage, aim assist, and control responsiveness
- Collaborate daily with a cross-discipline to create a fun and compelling experience
- Conduct playtests and encourage honest feedback
- Document feedback on your work and suggest improvements
- Unity editor experience
- An understanding of ranged and melee combat
- A passion for action adventure games
- Effective cross discipline communicator
- A keen eye for detail and quality
- Good knowledge of current market trends
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant documentation software
- Be an ambassador for your features, and the work of the entire department
Nice to have Skills
- A working knowledge of Source Tree
- Experience designing and implementing core gameplay systems in an action
Why Apply To Soul Assembly?Joining the team now will give you the opportunity to be a part of a growing team going from strength to strength. We’ll give you the opportunity to :
- A relaxed, friendly and progressive work environment.
- 25 days annual leave
- Help define the studio culture and values
- Contribute your input and ideas to our games and to all areas of our business
- Be involved in defining studio processes and working practices.
- In addition, we will :
- Pay a competitive salary, negotiable based on experience
- Provide regular activities such as pub, cinema nights and team-building events
- Commit to adding additional benefits as we grow
- Relocation package for non-UK residents