WHO ARE SOUL ASSEMBLY?
Soul Assembly is a brand new games developer currently consisting of 50+ employees, working on some of the most high profile and most downloaded titles in the XR space today, from our lovely offices in the heart of Leamington Spa.
By joining the team now will give you the opportunity to be a part of a growing team exploring the exciting new opportunities that XR and the metaverse offer.
We pride ourselves on the supportive and creative environment we have within the studio, where our focus is always “Making Games With Heart and Soul.”
We’re looking for a technical designer to help us grow and support our current and future library of VR titles. You’ll work closely with the Live Ops team, Lead Designer, Level Designers, and other disciplines to design and implement fun and engaging gameplay, while also keeping an eye on future updates and new features to be added after launch. If you’re experienced with Unity and have a passion for combat, traversal, and other supporting action adventure game systems with a penchant for improvement and fun new ideas, you’ll be a superb fit for the team.
You will work with project leads and stakeholders to prototype, build, and iterate on the moment to moment gameplay for new and current projects. Leading on the design and implementation of core combat systems, including weapons and other abilities. Actively supporting systems, including health, damage, aim assist, and control responsiveness. Continue to design and implement level layouts and game modes to build upon current gameplay mechanics to further grow and improve our content offering.
You will also get to collaborate daily with a cross-discipline team to create a fun and compelling experience. There is also going to be the chance to conduct playtests and encourage honest feedback from our players and suggest further improvements to our current catalogue of successful games and future releases.
- Unity editor experience
- An understanding of ranged and melee combat, meta game systems and level design
- A passion for action adventure games
- Effective cross discipline communicator
- A keen eye for detail and quality
- Good knowledge of current market trends
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant documentation software
- Be an ambassador for your features, and the work of the entire department
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS
- A working knowledge of Source Tree
- Experience designing and implementing core gameplay systems in an action
Why Apply To Soul Assembly?Joining the team now will give you the opportunity to be a part of a growing team going from strength to strength. We’ll give you the opportunity to :
- A relaxed, friendly and progressive work environment.
- 25 days annual leave
- Help define the studio culture and values
- Contribute your input and ideas to our games and to all areas of our business
- Be involved in defining studio processes and working practices.
- In addition, we will :
- Pay a competitive salary, negotiable based on experience
- Provide regular activities such as pub, cinema nights and team-building events
- Commit to adding additional benefits as we grow
- Relocation package for non-UK residents