Soul Assembly is looking for an exceptional Lead Designer to guide development of an exciting new VR game based on a world famous IP.
Do you have experience developing captivating gameplay and meta systems from the
ground up? Are you passionate about delivering world-class entertainment and creating
memorable moments and worlds beloved by players? Do you have experience leading and
If the answer is ‘yes’, then we’d love to hear from you. Simply fill out the form here,
send us your CV and gameography.
What you will do:
● Be responsible for the overall game design and quality of our next VR game in discussion with our publisher.
● Champion the game vision and player needs, ensuring all elements of the game
design contribute to player satisfaction and enjoyment.
● Proactively participate in the decision-making process and oversee iterative quality
improvements to ensure that the game implementation meets expectations.
● Set priorities and tasks for the design team and ensure timely delivery to a high
● Think forward, preparing solutions ahead of time and designing systems with a high
degree of flexibility.
● Be responsible for providing clear and structured design documentation and ensuring
this is understood by the team.
● Proactively communicate design information and updates to the wider team.
● Support the overall planning of the project.
● Foster collaborative working relationships with the other discipline leads.
● Own the playtesting process to help refine the quality of the experience for players.
What you will need:
● Multiple years of game design experience in a leadership capacity.
● A strong passion and ambition for building incredible games and motivating teams.
● Experience working on high-quality mass market games.
● Well versed in all areas of AAA game design.
● Strong written and verbal communication skills (e.g. clear, open, convincing, and
● Unity experience (hands on implementation a plus).
● Comfortable with working in a fast-paced environment.
● Systems design and balancing experience.
● Level design skills.
● Unity scripting / C# skills.
● Ability to investigate and to introduce new techniques and methodologies.
Why work for us?:
● Competitive salary, reviewed annually
● Staff training and development
● Quarterly Wellness days (On-site massages, Yoga, nutritionally balanced
snacks and health foods)
● Flexi-time working hours
● 25 days holiday + additional duvet/loyalty holiday days
● Monthly socials and twice-yearly whole company events
● Private Medical and Death In Service Insurance
● Contributory Pension
● A warm, modern office environment – tea, coffee, fruit and soft drinks all provided
● Get the weekend started early with beverages and banter every Friday
● Private Medical Insurance for yourself
● And a chance to shape, grow and benefit from the future of Soul Assembly
Why Apply To Soul Assembly?Joining the team now will give you the opportunity to be a part of a growing team going from strength to strength. We’ll give you the opportunity to :
- A relaxed, friendly and progressive work environment.
- 25 days annual leave
- Help define the studio culture and values
- Contribute your input and ideas to our games and to all areas of our business
- Be involved in defining studio processes and working practices.
- In addition, we will :
- Pay a competitive salary, negotiable based on experience
- Provide regular activities such as pub, cinema nights and team-building events
- Commit to adding additional benefits as we grow
- Relocation package for non-UK residents