About Soul Assembly
Soul Assembly is a brand new games developer currently consisting of 35+ employees, working on some of the most high profile and most downloaded titles in the XR space today, from our lovely offices in the centre of Leamington Spa. Joining the team now will give you the opportunity to be a part of a growing team exploring the exciting new opportunities that XR and the metaverse offer.
We’re looking for a driven and creative Lead Animator to help grow our animation team at Soul Assembly and help us build our animation offering for all of our future games! We’re looking for someone who will take responsibility for the team, plan how to develop our artistry and technology, and work closely with the other project leads to make exciting new games!
- Supervise the animation and cinematic effort across all Soul Assembly products, mentoring internal resources and building relationships with external partners.
- Own the animation process and technical pipelines for cinematic and animated elements across all titles, from initial specifications through to final in-game implementation, ensuring that this is created, documented, implemented and maintained to high industry standards.
- Work with all disciplines across all teams and projects to ensure all cinematic and animated assets are to the highest standards, spec and quality to support and drive each game as specified.
- Ensure we are using the latest techniques to create the highest quality and performance-friendly assets from a cinematic and animation point of view.
- Be the internal and external champion for cinematics and animation at Soul Assembly, representing the Company professionally and positively during any and all offsite meetings and dialogues.
- Pre-visualisation of animated sequences and cameras for prototyping and concepting of current and future projects.
- Working with the Project Leads and production staff to ensure all animation tasks are correctly identified and logged, working with the Lead Artist to identify and mitigate any resource issues in good time.
- Ensure the example you set for other team members is professional at all times.
- Ensure all assets produced are always backed up consistently using source control.
- Specification and creation of all rigs for characters and animated assets agreed with code and design.
- Knowledge of animation within Maya is essential.
- Motion capture experience is desirable.
- Unity, UE4/5 or similar game engine experience is desirable, including the setup of in-game systems such as mechanism or animation blueprints.
- You will be skilled in both in-game motion and cinematic sequences, able to communicate rich personalities through your work.
- You will have a showreel that demonstrates a high level of knowledge and skill in animating human characters and an understanding of cinematography.
Why Apply To Soul Assembly?Joining the team now will give you the opportunity to be a part of a growing team going from strength to strength. We’ll give you the opportunity to :
- A relaxed, friendly and progressive work environment.
- 25 days annual leave
- Help define the studio culture and values
- Contribute your input and ideas to our games and to all areas of our business
- Be involved in defining studio processes and working practices.
- In addition, we will :
- Pay a competitive salary, negotiable based on experience
- Provide regular activities such as pub, cinema nights and team-building events
- Commit to adding additional benefits as we grow
- Relocation package for non-UK residents