Soul Assembly are looking for an associate IT support engineer to help us create wonderful, entertaining games, with high-end graphics. As one of the most important members of the team, you will be responsible for working within the IT department enabling and supporting the game development teams. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work in a flexible environment, and to add your own ideas into the mix in order to create the most enjoyable games possible.
As a candidate for the associate IT support engineer role, you are expected to have proven experience within a similar role, ideally in a professional environment, working in areas including desktop support, network setup & support, server maintenance and working as a member of a team. We are looking for someone who is a creative problem solver, an excellent communicator, and who always shows high levels of enthusiasm and a talent for helping to create the best IT environment possible.
- Maintaining IT excellence in the studio
- Helping to plan resources and budgets
- Adopting new technology
- Enable the development team & management to have a smooth IT experience
- Helping create monthly IT reports
Job Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, Experience
We are interested in you if you have most or all of the following:
- Good familiarity with Windows Admin Tools
(AD, DNS, DHCP, GPO)
- Good familiarity with Google Workspace
- Good knowledge of Windows & macOS Desktops
- Basic networking knowledge (switches, routers, wireless)
- Basic scripting (PowerShell, Batch, Bash)
- Able to upgrade physical hardware
And we’ll be really pleased if you have:
- Familiar with Linux Servers
- 1st, 2nd. 3rd line support capable
- Familiarity with Source Control
- Experience with IT security
- Experience with AWS and other cloud platforms
Why Apply To Soul Assembly?Joining the team now will give you the opportunity to be a part of a growing team going from strength to strength. We’ll give you the opportunity to :
- A relaxed, friendly and progressive work environment.
- 25 days annual leave
- Help define the studio culture and values
- Contribute your input and ideas to our games and to all areas of our business
- Be involved in defining studio processes and working practices.
- In addition, we will :
- Pay a competitive salary, negotiable based on experience
- Provide regular activities such as pub, cinema nights and team-building events
- Commit to adding additional benefits as we grow
- Relocation package for non-UK residents