About Soul Assembly
Soul Assembly is a brand new games developer currently consisting of 35+ employees, working on some of the most high profile and most downloaded titles in the XR space today, from our lovely offices in the centre of Leamington Spa. Joining the team now will give you the opportunity to be a part of a growing team exploring the exciting new opportunities that XR and the metaverse offer.
Soul Assembly is looking for an inspiring lead programmer with the skills and personality to lead a team of talented game programmers, working on one of our high-profile, best-in-class games to deliver one of the most entertaining, performant and best-looking VR games on the market.
This is an opportunity to join an exciting team at a critical time in the project’s development and develop and manage a team to push the limits of quality & performance on the latest hardware. You will work alongside other leads and directors to set best-in-class standards for every aspect of game development.
- Lead a technical team as part of a larger team on a project.
- Work with cutting-edge technologies on new platforms and VR headsets
- Collaborate with team members to build exciting new features
- Design and build high-quality code and development practices
- Define technical quality standards for technical design and code within the team.
- Work with production and help define the technical roadmap for your team.
- Be a leader who inspires, motivates and guides your team.
- Help deliver the project on time, on quality and within budget.
- Strive for the improvement of everyone, including yourself.
- Give constructive feedback and be a role model to others on how to become better at everything you do.
- Have an open mind to change, looking back or sideways to ensure challenges can be dealt with.
- Ideally 5+ years of professional experience working in games development with at least 2+ years in a managerial role.
- Worked on at least one game from ideation to launch (full-cycle development).
- Professional experience with Unity.
- Professional C# programming experience.
- Solid understanding of coding processes, standards and methodologies.
- Experience in prototyping and rapid iteration of features.
- Agile development experience.
- A positive personality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A passion for making games and solving technical problems.
Nice to have Skills
- VR development experience on Quest, Vive, or comparable flagship headsets
- Experience with Git and associated clients
Why Apply To Soul Assembly?Joining the team now will give you the opportunity to be a part of a growing team going from strength to strength. We’ll give you the opportunity to :
- A relaxed, friendly and progressive work environment.
- 25 days annual leave
- Help define the studio culture and values
- Contribute your input and ideas to our games and to all areas of our business
- Be involved in defining studio processes and working practices.
- In addition, we will :
- Pay a competitive salary, negotiable based on experience
- Provide regular activities such as pub, cinema nights and team-building events
- Commit to adding additional benefits as we grow
- Relocation package for non-UK residents